Saturday 18 January 2014

KOLKATTA

After spending first five years of childhood in delhi my father got transferred to Calcutta in 1971.We have taken up residence in lake garden area.I was in 3rd class and was studying in Hope Hall school.We used to go to the lake nearby which was at walking distance from our residence and there we(my brothers) used to get quite exited seeing very big fish in the lake and while returning home we used to relish phoochka (Gol Gappe).Another childhood memories is of big Durga Puja celebration of Calcutta with all the cities getting lighted with huge size idols of Durga and big pandals.
It was the time of Bangladesh war with young brigade of muktivahini very active in calcutta.Because of muktivahini movement young boys also learnt to make crude bomb.I remember one day i along with my brothers with the help of neighbourhood friends tried to make a bomb with nails,thread and some other materials which i don't remember now since i was only eight years old and after making that bomb we tested it successfully on a small wall and it came crumbling down and we went up in joy that we made the bomb successfully.
Another memory of my days in Calcutta is of my mausa ji house in Calcutta in dark by lanes and very old buildings where we met his father Pt.Kashinath jha who was a reputed astrologer of Calcutta. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment