Thursday 12 December 2013

A conversation between a mother and her son

Maa - this is a relation that cannot be put into mere words. It's a relation which starts the very movement you start to come into this world. 9 months in a mother's care before coming into this world - that's the immense contribution that a mother has in her child's life. It's only vaguely important for me to enlighten you all on this relation because we all know it's solid importance in our life.

I write this article because just a few days back, I witnessed a conversation between a mother and a son which made me very emotional, it made me even more sensitive towards this relation. As they say "maa-bete ke rishte jaisa, aur koi rishta nahin".. :)

My grandmother got admitted into a hospital just a few days back and my father and I went to the hospital to see her. She was at the Hospital reception, in a wheelchair (she was very weak to walk). I could sense that my father got highly emotional to see his mother in such a situation but being a man of high will power, he controlled himself. My grandmother looked at us and smiled. I touched her feet and she gave me her blessings but only she knew the difficulties that she was going through.

After that, my grandmother, with my grandfather sitting on her left hand side on a chair and my father sitting to his left, what I saw next was a conversation between a mother and a son - with father as the mediator. My grandmother as I mentioned earlier was very weak, she was not able to talk properly or in high voice and so my grandfather was conveying all that she was saying to my father. I observed the scene very silently and carefully.

On the next day when my grandmother got admitted, my father was giving her the afternoon meal. As my father was about to give her the last bite, she said to him "today, I couldn't be happier. I'm blessed that my youngest son is with me in this tough time and helping me to eat my lunch."

Now, this may not be the biggest incidents that you may come across in your life or an incident on which you'd properly write but I just felt to share this with you all. A mother-son relationship is one that cannot be put into words and this is just another such story which to some extend makes us realize how precious this relationship really is.. :)

4 comments:

  1. Relationships between the mother and kid is divine in many ways and I think that's why even if its something small it has impacted you so much and the care and the concern and the love is visible to all of us too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's divine indeed. The way you've put it, that's the perfect way. :)

      Delete
  2. Relations are great & with Mom we share the best as she knows us in & out!
    It's nice that you appreciate and share these points. Normally, we all are too busy to even notice. By the time we do, our parents may not be with us...
    It's time to take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely standby your views. The business of life often makes us forget the real 'wonderfulness' of life.

      Very nicely said. :)

      Delete