Sunday 25 August 2013

Smelly to Smiley : Relishing the golden times....



Nostalgia is a word that I truly adore. It’s a term that is associated with a past memory that you cherish to recall or are happy to be associated with, that’s at least how I see it. This blog entry is for Ambi Pur’s contest on IndiBlogger, the theme of which is “sharing the nostalgic memories that we associate with different smells and fragrances in our home”. I love the theme, I’ve got plenty of stories to share with my readers that are surely nostalgic and I hope will be a good read, enjoy! :)

PS : The first 2 stories are general stories and the next 2 stories apprehend how “Ambi Pur” has helped us to regain the “older and truly golden” times.. :)



I’m someone who is closely connected to the roots of the nature, as in, I’m totally a devotee of the nature’s beauty and miraculous powers. I therefore have always wanted to live a life that was led earlier by people who were marvelously close to the nature. For instance, my great grandfather who was a farmer, even though I didn’t see him, my father has told me several stories about him. The people of that generation held some great powers with themselves, my father says, my great grandfather could easily tell whether or not it will rain on that particular day – for me now, it’s hard to  believe,  though I’m sure in those days it wouldn’t be such a big deal.

Hence, whenever I wake up early in the morning, I get reminded of my great grandfather and the times he lived in. The “smell” of the air in the morning is truly mesmerizing for every soul. The smell of the flowers totally leaves me spell-bounded. It’s surely one of the daily aspects of my life that’s truly nostalgic and takes me to the older and truly golden times.



Now on to the next story :- The culture in which we grow up is truly magnificent. We’re taught from a very young age that we must make the habit of doing “puja” everyday. I too have been a firm believer of this and have made it a habit to do “puja” and visit temples every week. The feeling you get while switching onto your spiritual quotient is certainly one to cherish. The truly blessed smell of “agarbatti”, early in the morning or for that matter at anytime of the day certainly calms me and relaxes me. It’s a fact that our lives are getting busier and hence the tension has taken over everything else but going to spiritual places or just simply lighting up an agarbatti in the house, fades away the tension – courtesy of the beautiful smell that the agarbatti has. Likewise, proving the simple fact that if your home is filled with good “smell” or “fragrance” the surroundings ought to be smiley. :)



Story associated with Ambi Pur :- Now this story is one that revolves around the magical smell of Ambi Pur’s fragrances. My grandmother is a truly a spiritual woman. She is residing in New Delhi and still she makes sure that she travels to Haridwar at least once every year. A few years ago, she had to go to Haridwar but we couldn’t book any train tickets and so finally we decided to go via the road. However, there was an obstacle in the way. Both my grandmother and mother get sick while going on long journeys and Haridwar is about 7-8 hours drive from New Delhi. My grandmother and mother both weren’t willing to go via the road but my father knew how much my grandmother wanted to go to Haridwar. The reason why my grandmother and mother don’t like to travel long distances via the road is the terrible “smell” of the fuel and pollutions of the car. My father and I stressed upon this and came with a solution.

The solution was  :-Ambi Pur’s car perfume which we believed would solve the problem. Before saying “yes” my grandmother and mother both wanted to try it out and so my father drove them to my uncle’s house which was around 15 KM. The ambi pur’s car perfume started to show it’s magic and to me and my father’s surprise, neither the grandma or my mother were feeling sick, they in fact were enjoying the journey. I never saw my grandmother so happy while travelling and after reaching my uncle’s house and coming back, my grandmother and mother agreed to go to Haridwar via the car. Both me and my father were delighted by this and knew that this was no short of a miracle, it was due to Ambi Pur that my grandmother got blessed to go to Haridwar that year too and ever since has never been reluctant to travel via the car, for short journeys and for the long ones too. 



The last story :- That I’m going to share is related to my childhood. When I was around 5, I along with my parents used to stay in Bhopal, we had this huge bungalow that we were residing in, that also had a huge lawn in front of it. My father has always been an adherent fan of planting different types of plants. In Bhopal one plant that stood out in particular was the “raat ki raani, din ka raja”. Me along with my parents used to sit in the garden in the evening and used to enjoy  the smell of the beautiful “raat ki raani, din ka raja” – it made all 3 of us so much relaxed and made it thoroughly enjoy the evening with each other over a cup of tea and a few snacks. When we had to leave Bhopal and shift to New Delhi, I was very sad to know that I’d no longer get to sit in the lawn with my parents and smell the beautiful “raat ki raani, din ka raja”, my parents weren’t particularly happy about shifting either.

Our house in New Delhi did not have a huge lawn and so for several years we were still remembering the truly mesmerizing smell of the raat ki raani – din ka raja. It wasn’t until we tried Ambi pur’s home freshener that we regained the lovely smell of the flowers in our house. We tried “aroma therapy, white lilies and pink flower”, these two in particular we totally loved and courtesy of them we got remembered of the truly blissful times in the Bhopal that we spent. We’ve been using the Ambi Pur home freshener ever since and have been a huge fan.

The times are changing and now the sights of huge bungalows with equally huge lawns are a rare sight, the huge apartments have taken over the big bungalows. Now, it’s for everyone to understand that apartments cannot provide you with the lawns that Bungalow do and hence for the fans of gardening their own lawn and growing different flowers, the times have drastically changed. In such times, Ambi Pur is to a large extent a “relief”.

Coming home after a tiring day, the least we want is for our surroundings to be relaxing and that can easily happen courtesy of different home fragrances from Ambi Pur.  For a consistent user of Ambi Pur, it’s easily understood why it’s so popular. What I’ve written in this blog entry I hope is apprehended well and my readers enjoy it. The first 2 stories represent the true meaning of fragrances around us and the last 2 represent the true meaning of what miraculous powers Ambi Pur holds with itself, by virtue of which we can easily regain the truly blissful smells/fragrances of the nature even in the rapidly progressing times.. That’s why I say- Ambi Pur is in all senses a true “sense of relief”… :)

This blog entry is for AmbiPur's contest "Smelly to Smiley" held on IndiBlogger. Do like Ambi Pur's FB page for latest updates regarding their products.

Credits :- The header is taken from IndiBlogger's contest page and rest of the images are taken from Google.

0 comments:

Post a Comment