Tuesday 25 February 2014

Appendix.

I used to have great pain in my stomach once in a while since my early childhood but my parents used to think that i might have eaten something which i am not able to digest and my mother used to give me massage with oil and after a while i used to get relief from pain but one day the pain got unbearable,it was like somebody is hurting you with knife and seeing my discomfort my father took me to nearby clinic.After seeing my condition doctor immediately realised that i have appendix ( extra growth like tumour )which needs operation at the earliest and told my father to rush me to a bigger hospital.
It was a big shock to my father but he didn't had any time to think and he took me to safdurjung hospital which was nearby.There doctors told him that i need to be operated immediately and told him to sign the consent paper and asked him that while we were preparing for the operation you bring her mother from your house since anything can happen and they also told him that i you will not reach on time then we will not wait for you and we will proceed with operation.
Imagine the plight of my father because he was all alone and those were not the time of mobile phones.So leaving me behind he rushed to my house to bring my mother.In the meanwhile doctors got ready with operation and sisters started to take me to operation theatre and my parents not reached the hospital as yet and i was thinking if i will die during operation then i will not be able to see my parents for the last time and the very thought brought tears to my eyes but as my bed was entering the lift i saw both my parents and then i got relaxed.
In the operation theatre i saw a big round light above my head and doctors standing all around my bed and suddenly one doctor told me to close my eyes since i was given injection to become in concious but i told him to go ahead with operation since i am not afraid of anything but the doctors smiled and closed my eyes with their hand and after that when i revived my conciousness i saw my parents sitting around with bandage on my stomach.I was the youngest patient of the ward as i was only 13 years old and because of that i was getting maximum attention from everybody and doctors told my father that how brave i was at the time of operation and i nearly escaped death since if there would have been delay of even 15 minutes then my appendix might have got burst.

0 comments:

Post a Comment